Here is what I had written on my “Time Marches on Events” and I’ve included how I felt at the events:
- April 13 – Annual Evening Fund Raiser – not formal this year (whew) but a “Jimmy Buffet” theme instead, so it’s “Island Attire” according to the invite – At least I’ll look better in, perhaps, a skirt and floral top than I did when I started! I wore white pants and a tank top with one of my husband’s Hawaiian shirts tied around my waste – I felt good about myself, though still not wearing a cute skirt!
- April 18 – hoity-toity fund raiser luncheon with the “in” crowd – it is lots of fun, but, in the past, I’ve sat there feeling rather “toad-ish” compared to all the other ladies in their cute suits and dresses. I was able to wear a silk skirt that finally fit again – had fun and even felt a little “chic”.
- April 27 – Charitable Club spring picnic – dogs invited too. Shorts? Maybe…… No shorts, but one club member mentioned it looked like I had lost weight. Jeans were loose enough to be comfortable.
- June 7: Nephew’s HS graduation – a great opportunity to wear a cute sun dress. Still no sun dress, but weighed in with D at my parents and we had a great “low carb” cooking fest all weekend long. Went shopping for the first time in a long time and D and I actually enjoyed it because so many things fit. I ended up buying a cute skirt.
- June 18: “Baseball Bash” Industry Mixer – “who’s who” in my industry comes to this – including my clients, biggest competitors, and potential clients. Lot’s of eating and “imbibing” – in the past I always felt uncomfortable “stuffing my face” in front of this crowd. This got moved to an earlier date, so I missed it when in Florida for my nephew’s graduation and visiting D and the family.
Here’s what’s left on the original list – I’ll leave it as is and check in after each one!
- July 30: Summer Mixer – again, an industry mixer where lots of good potential clients show up – it’s outside with a band and the weather is pretty warm- won’t it be fun to wear a nice sun dress?
- August 5: Industry Golf Tournament – Set up like a trade show where vendors have their “trade show booths” at the tee-off areas for each hole. There is always a theme (i.e. Americana, Movies, Western) for the vendors to decorate their booths. I am in a male dominated industry and usually a vendor or two have scantily clad women at their booths (one year “pirate ladies”) – makes me feel extra-large when they come up to our golf hole.
- Sept 7: Sprint triathlon – it goes without saying that I MUST stay on plan to accomplish this with some enjoyment.
- Sept. 28 – THE WEDDING!!!