That’s right – a year ago today, March 16, 2013, D and I first started The Plan!
I weighed in this morning at exactly 142 – that means, after 1 year, I am down 14.6 pounds. Plus, I have learned so much about myself and about nutrition.
What I have learned in no particular order:
- That event will come, so being diligent each day is critical to feeling and looking your best when that event comes;
- Sugar makes my joints ache;
- I don’t need more than 6 or 7 hours of sleep a night – getting up when I wake up has been a really good habit to form;
- I love cooked vegetables – even Brussels sprouts. I used to think I only liked raw vegetables – like in salads, but this plan has proven to me that I do love cooked vegetables and it has taught me the versatility of them. I also thought I hated Brussels sprouts and now it is one of my favorites!
- In addition to feeling good about myself, I do feel a little smug when I am true to this plan!
- I’ve learned to, and now prefer to, cook at home, including experimenting with great new flavors!
- Exercise is essential to really meet my health goals – I’m still working on a plan here that will work for me!
The two books that have been essential for success are two that D found:
Here’s to the next year of getting Active, Ageless, and Awesome!